Halloween regulations are effective beginning Friday, October 25, 2013 at 3 p.m. through Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 7 a.m.
Due to the large number of individuals that will be coming to Athens for the Halloween celebration, Parking Services will only allow Ohio University faculty/staff and currently enrolled students to park in University lots. Any vehicle that cannot be identified as belonging to an Ohio University faculty/staff member or student will be towed.
Additionally, the Baker University Center Garage will be closed to the public after 3 a.m. on Friday, October 25, 2013 and will remain closed until 10 a.m. on Sunday, October 27, 2013. The garage will only function for those with reserved permits. There will not be any pay-by-the-hour parking during this time frame.
The following criteria will be used to identify a vehicle as belonging to a faculty/staff member or student:
1. A CURRENT/VALID Ohio University faculty/staff permit displayed clearly on the rearview mirror.
2. A CURRENT/VALID Ohio University student permit displayed clearly on the rearview mirror. This does NOT include Hocking College Student Employee permits, High School Student Employee Permits, Ridges Student Employee Permits, or any other permits restricted to a specific time (such as 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.).
If you are a student and you do not currently have a parking permit from Parking Services (parking permits for various apartments and other parking areas will not be considered), you will not be able to park your vehicle in a University lot during the Halloween Celebration.
All Ohio University faculty/staff and students that wish to park on campus during the Halloween celebration are encouraged to ensure they can be identified as such. Parking Services is not responsible for vehicles not displaying information identifying them as a faculty/staff or student member and towed from University lots.
Vehicles that do not display a faculty/staff or student permit will be cited and towed immediately at the owners/drivers expense. Please refer to the following zone map to find out where your vehicle was towed. This may be viewed by visiting the Halloween Tow Zone Map available at the following link:
TOW ZONE MAP
This zone map is only valid for Halloween tows.
Ohio University does not sell parking within ANY University lot during Halloween weekend. Do not purchase parking from anyone claiming to work for Ohio University or Parking Services within a University lot. If you are approached to purchase parking over Halloween weekend within a University lot, contact the Ohio University Police Department immediately at 740-593-1911.
Campus Event Arrangements—The list of scheduled events conflicting with Halloween Weekend regulations outlines accommodations that have been made for these specific events. Please be sure to park as indicated for the event you’re attending to avoid a citation and/or towing fees.
1. OU vs Miami Football Game, Saturday, October 26, 2013: Parking for the football game will be provided for guests on Saturday, October 26. Guests may only park within a lot in which an attendant is staffed so they may obtain a game day parking ticket. This parking ticket must be displayed clearly on the dashboard to avoid towing. Parking is only allowable until 10 p.m. with a football parking ticket. Vehicles displaying a football parking ticket after 10 p.m. on October 26 will be ticketed/towed. Guests with a season pass must display their season pass on their dashboard to avoid a ticket/tow. Season pass permits will only be honored until 10 p.m. and may not be used for parking after 10 p.m. Parking after 10 p.m. will result in a citation/towing fees.
2. OU Hockey Game, Friday, October 25, 2013: Parking for the hockey game will be provided in lots 132 (Peden Stadium) or 134 (Walter Hall) only. Parking is available within these lots until 11 p.m. only on Friday night. Parking after 11 p.m. will result in a citation/towing fees.
3. OU Aquatic Center, Friday, October 25, 2013: Parking for patrons using the aquatic center may park in lot 134 (Walter Hall) or 132 (Peden Stadium) only. Parking is available within these lots until 11 p.m. only on Friday night. Parking after 11 p.m. will result in a citation/towing fees.
Alternative Parking (Off Campus)
Halloween Weekend parking is available at the Athens County Fairgrounds. Gates open at 11:00 a.m. Friday, October 25 and will remain open all weekend. The cost is for the entire weekend (Friday Oct. 25 to Monday, October 28, 2013) is $10. City buses will be running. Security will be on the grounds. Parking areas will be well lighted with a shuttle from your car to the buses. Port-a-johns will be on the grounds. Proceeds benefit the Junior Fair Program. No Advance Sales please. The Athens County Fairgrounds may be contacted via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 740-592-19913
Parking will NOT be sold at HDL Center. Please be aware the majority of the HDL center lot now belongs to Ohio University and will be enforced as mentioned above.
Questions or concerns regarding Halloween parking should be directed to the department of Parking Services at 740-593-1917.