Halloween Parking Regulations
Halloween regulations are effective beginning Friday, October 29, 2010 at 3 p.m. through Sunday, October 31, 2010 at 7 a.m.
Due to the large number of individuals that will be coming to Athens for the Halloween celebration, Parking Services will only allow Ohio University faculty/staff and currently enrolled students to park in University lots. Any vehicle that can not be identified as belonging to an Ohio University faculty/staff member or student will be towed.
Additionally, the Baker University Center Garage will be closed to the public after 5 p.m. on Friday, October 29, 2010 and will remain closed until 10 a.m. on Sunday, October 31, 2010. The garage will only function for those with reserved permits. There will not be any pay-by-the-hour parking during this time frame.
The following criteria will be used to identify a vehicle as belonging to a faculty/staff member or student:
1. A CURRENT/VALID Ohio University faculty/staff permit displayed clearly on the rearview mirror.
2. A CURRENT/VALID Ohio University student permit displayed clearly on the rearview mirror. This does NOT include Hocking College Student Employee permits, High School Student Employee Permits, Ridges Student Employee Permits, or any other permits restricted to a specific time (such as 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.).
If you are a student and you do not currently have a parking permit from Parking Services (parking permits for various apartments and other parking areas will not be considered), you will not be able to park your vehicle in a University lot during the Halloween Celebration.
All Ohio University faculty/staff and students that wish to park on campus during the Halloween celebration are encouraged to ensure they can be identified as such. Parking Services is not responsible for vehicles not displaying information identifying them as a faculty/staff or student member and towed from University lots.
Vehicles that do not display a faculty/staff or student permit will be cited and towed immediately at the owners/drivers expense. Please refer to the following zone map to find out where your vehicle was towed (determined by the area your vehicle was parked).
Halloween Tow Zone Map
This zone map is only valid for Halloween tows.
Ohio University does not sell parking within ANY University lot during Halloween weekend. Do not purchase parking from anyone claiming to work for Ohio University or Parking Services within a University lot. If you are approached to purchase parking over Halloween weekend within a University lot, contact the Ohio University Police Department immediately at 740-593-1911.
Athletic Events & Parking Arrangements
Friday October 29, 2010
- Athens High School & ACHA D-II Hockey Games--Athens High School hockey game will be held in Bird Arena from 8 a.m. until 9:30 p.m. The division II game will be held in Bird Arena from 9:30 p.m. until Midnight. Parking will be available for hockey patrons in lot 134 at Walter Hall until Midnight Only. Parking within any other lot besides 134 will result in a ticket and/or tow. Vehicles parked after midnight within lot 134 are subject to ticket/tow.
- Recreational Swim will take place in the Aquatic Center until 9:30 p.m. Patrons may park within lot 134 behind the Aquatic Center until 10 p.m.; however, there will be no parking within this lot without the appropraite permit as mentioned above after 10 p.m.
- The Golf and Tennis Center will be open until 10 p.m. Patrons may park within lots 93 and 79 with a Gold and Tennis Center permit until 10:30 p.m. These permits will not be honored after 10:30 p.m., and violators will be ticketed/towed.
Saturday, October 30, 2010
- There will be a home football Game Saturday morning. Bobcat Club permit holders and those purchasing parking within the lots on game day may utilize designated football event parking areas until 10 p.m. with their Bobcat club permit or event ticket clearly displayed. Bobcat club permits and event tickets will not be honored in any University lot after 10 p.m., and violators will be ticketed/towed. Please be aware there will be NO parking within the Convocation Center Garage for this event. Violators will be towed.
- A Volleyball Game will take place in the Convocation Center starting at 7 p.m. Patrons may park within lots 127, 128 and 129 for this event until 10 p.m. Patrons may only park within these designated lots until 10 p.m. Parking outside these designated areas or afer 10 p.m. will result in a ticket and/or towing. Please be aware there will be NO parking within the Convocation Center Garage for this event. Violators will be towed.
Alternative Parking (Off Campus)
Halloween Weekend parking is available at the Athens County Fairgrounds. Gates open at 11:00 a.m. Friday, October 29 and will remain open all weekend. The cost is for the entire weekend (Friday Oct. 29 to Monday November 1, 2010) is \\$10. City buses will be running. Security will be on the grounds. Parking areas will be well lighted with a shuttle from your car to the buses. Port-a-johns will be on the grounds. Proceeds benefit the Junior Fair Program. No Advance Sales please. The Athens County Fairgrounds may be contacted via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 740-592-1991..
Parking will NOT be sold at HDL Center. Please be aware the majority of the HDL center lot now belongs to Ohio Univesity and will be enforced as mentioned above.
Questions or concerns regarding Halloween parking should be directed to the department of Parking Services at 740-593-1917.