Effective July 1, 2013, all motorcycles on campus must display a valid Ohio University Motorcycle Decal or permit when parked within the designated motorcycle parking lots on campus.
There will be two types of motorcycle lots on campus. Daily Motorcycle Parking and Storage Motorcycle Parking.
· The daily motorcycle lots are for those commuting to campus daily only; and only a commuter or faculty/staff decal or permit is valid within a daily motorcycle lot.
· The storage lots are for those storing their motorcycles on campus; but those with a commuter decal or permit for a motorcycle lot may also utilize a storage lot.
A locking device is available for those who do not wish to place a decal on their bike or already have a current permit to use on their bike. This locking device is necessary to prevent theft. The cost of this device is $25. Lost or broken replacement devices must be purchased additionally, if needed.
Those with a current permit for a vehicle:
· A locking device must be purchased, and the individuals current commuter permit must be used in the locking device.
· No additional fee due for parking within motorcycle area.
Those without a current permit for a vehicle:
· Commuter Motorcycle Decal is $50.63 for the year. The decal fee will prorate through the year.
Residential (Campus Dorms) Students
· If the student does not have a current campus permit and wishes only to purchase motorcycle parking, a decal must be purchased for the storage motorcycle parking areas. Fee is $375for the year. The decal fee will prorate through the year.
· If the student has already purchased campus parking for a vehicle, and wishes to obtain a decal for their motorcycle as well, a decal must be purchased for the storage motorcycle parking areas. Fee is $93.75 for the year. The decal fee will prorate through the year.
All decals are valid starting August 1 and through July 31.
• Register a Student Vehicle or Motorcycle