General Information & Policy for Students
Any student with a temporary or permanent mobility impairment who has received a state-issued disability permit is eligible to obtain an Ohio University disability registration sticker. The University requires all students who wish to utilize disability or general parking with their state-issued disability permit to obtain an Ohio University disability registration sticker to affix to their state-issued placard. Please be aware that Ohio University Parking Services does not issue disability permits or stickers to those who do not have a state-issued disability permit. CATCAB is a service provided through Transportation and Parking Services for individuals with mobility limitations who need access to areas where parking is not available or when a state-issued disability permit cannot be obtained.
The purpose of this policy is to help identify where disability spaces are needed, regulate the use of these spaces to ensure they are available for those who need them, as well as to discourage abuse by people "borrowing" a state placard issued to another person.
Residential Student Reserved Lot Fees
Disabled students living within a residence hall have the option to purchase parking within reserved areas such as University garages, red lots, and blue lots. State issued disability permits are not valid within these areas, and an Ohio University permit specific to these areas is required in addition to the disability permit. Parking within these reserved areas is sold on a first come, first served basis and must be requested online (https://www.facilities.ohiou.edu/parking/permitsale). Once these areas are sold out, another option must be considered. Garage parking is $110 per quarter. Red and blue lot parking is $55 per quarter.
Once an Ohio University disability registration sticker has been obtained, state-issued disability permits are valid in the following areas:
- Handicapped Spaces
- Dark green, light brown, light green, yellow, orange, black, and grey faculty/staff lots.
- Purple commuter lots.
Disability permits are not valid within the following areas at any time:
- Metered Spaces (all fees must be paid at a meter).
- Restricted Spaces (IE: visitor, state vehicle, etc. Any space that requires a specific permit for that space)
- Non-Parking areas such as curbs, roadways, grass, and areas not marked as parking areas.
- University Garages
- Red and Blue Lots
Customers with a disability must apply to receive an Ohio University disability sticker. To expedite the process, please submit the Disability Registration Sticker Application prior to visiting Parking Services. Once you have submitted this application, you must bring the following items to Parking Services to obtain your disability registration sticker:
- A copy of the application submitted online.
- Your actual disability permit (copies will not be accepted).
- Your disability permit registration form. This form resembles a vehicle registration form and should have been issued to you along with your state-issued permit. If you do not have one, you may obtain a copy from your local BMV office.
- Photo ID.